Monday, December 20, 2010

Preparing for take off

I have decided to start this blog to document snippets of our life in the military, Jeric and I, enroute to see the world - or where ever they move us. We are hoping that even though we are far away from home; home to us is where our families are, which is all over the US- Seattle, Hawaii, Virginia, California, Alaska; some out of the country in Guam and Philippines. We are hoping with this blog, we can remain close to all of our family and friends and keep them up to date of our whereabouts.


In a nutshell, Jeric is in the military and has received orders to PCS (Permanent Change of Station) to Rammstein Airforce Base in Germany. We are set to move there the first part of February. We are excited and are looking forward to this move! After getting married, we decided to postpone our honeymoon since we know we are heading over to Europe. In the next couple of months after our move, we will have all 3 years to explore, discover, and fall in love with all of Europe.

Currently Jeric is at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City and as for me, I'm still in Seattle,Washington. However in the next couple of weeks I'll be making my way to finally be with my husband. I've done what most military wives would do. I've quit my job, will pack my bags soon, and getting ready to follow Jeric where ever.

Thus far I've learned that as a military wife, you have to get used to being far from your husband. I think I've received my much needed training enduring 3 years worth of our long distance relationship. But you know what.. it's really not that bad! Mostly because I get so much love and support from my family, and they help me get through the toughest time; whenever, and whatever the problem is. I LOVE THEM! And Jeric and I talk to the phone at least 6 times a day, just to say I love you and see what each other is up to. Definitely that open communication and not letting a day pass by without speaking to each other keeps that flame bursting with love. But soon though... soon is in about a week and half as of this date, we finally wouldn't have to leave each others' side. Unless he gets deployed or for training.

I still have up to the end of December here in Seattle, then off to Oklahoma for a few weeks, back again to Seattle to celebrate my mom's and my birthday (my big 25), back to Oklahoma to Virginia. Then from Virginia taking off to Kaiserslautern, Germany.



No comments:

Post a Comment